Thursday, December 14, 2006

CW's Here!!!!

CW's staying with me for the next month. You should see the mess we've already made in the living room hahahah =D Best of all... she brought me Reese Peanut Butter Cups!!!! YUM!!!!

She's been sleeping a LOT -- and actually she's still in TO time zone, so we're effectively timesharing the bed, cause she doesn't sleep all that much before I get up for work! But we did get a chance to get out at night. Already have done HK Diner, plus TPT for Chinese dessert. I'm sure we'll end up at Wagamama's sometime this weekend!

Also went to see Wicked, was really good! Funny how I've been here less than three months (11.5 weeks), but I've already been to see 3 musicals!! Dirty Dancing with Ina, Avenue Q with Rosie, and now Wicked with CW.

Last Sunday, we decided to go to Hamburg, Germany for three days/two nights next week. Germany is known for amazing Christmas markets, and there was a cheap flight to Hamburg so we booked it. Of course, being stupid, I make a rookie mistake. The flight is at 630am. It's flying out from Stansted. Stupid me forgot to check what time the tube and the airport express train starts operating!!! So now we have to either fork out loads for a taxi, or get up superduper early to take a night bus to a station where we can take the airport bus. Haven't figured out how much I value convenience yet...

We've still yet to finalize what we're doing for Christmas week since I have it off. Was going to do a road trip with family, but might not work out now with timing and stuff. So maybe we'll find another country and fly out there, or maybe we'll still do the trip, but a shorter one and maybe not drive. Not sure yet.

I have a ton of pics I've been meaning to post, including pics of my new place, and a photo of the driver who picked me up when I landed at Heathrow way back in Sept, holding a sign of my name hahah. Hopefully this new blogger template will make uploading easier. Though I'm likely going to wait til I have real internet -- I'm still stealing wireless right now!

Anyhow, if anyone wants to help me -- I need to buy a TV. I've decided to go for a LCD, something that I can use as a PC monitor later. And I've decided I need around 20" or more. But if anyone's interested in doing research for me in terms of which one to get and what's a good deal, woudl be much appreciated =D On UK sites that is hahah! Tesco, Currys, Argos, I think those are the main sites...

I also want to buy a cordless phone. Was thinking of getting two handsets, one for the living room, one for my bedroom. Though not like my flat is very big hahah. Cool think about BT here (British Telecom is UK equiv of Bell Canada), they give you free call display as long as your phone can handle it. Also voicemail is free, though it's a small mailbox, and you can't personalize it, but that doesn't bother me.

Also, was thinking about getting a Christmas tree =) Hahaha, yeah a real one =D My place is hardwood anyway, so it's totally possible! Except for the fact that I live on the top floor (3rd floor in UK terms = 4th floor in Canadian terms) of my building without a lift hahah!! Found this site, so I'm thinking about it...

Regardless, I promise to post pics eventually... =D

No comments: