We met up at Borough Market, and wandered about. Borough Market is pretty cool, this was the second time I'd been there on a Saturday. The first time SJM's little brother RJM took me. You find some pretty neat things there...
In the picture on the right, the man with the grey hair and blue jacket in the middle of the picture, he owns that shop, but he's also an opera singer and actually sings throughout the day. Sometimes he singing while he's ringing in your items to check out! He was singing today too =)
So today with AL, we saw this:
After lunch, we went to see The Holiday with ST, a fellow GEPer. I liked the movie =D Haven't decided if I liked that more than Love Actually, but I can say that Jude Law is hot, so that breaks my trend of bald guys (ie Vin Diesel and Sean Connery). ST and I lamented how none of the guys at work are like Jude Law haha!
Then AL and I went to SW's birthday dinner. SW (aka wongoz) turned 30 on Wednesday, so he had a huge birthday dinner tonight at an Indian restaurant. I've found one other thing I can eat aside from Butter Chicken -- Chicken Korma. It was good =) And I still love nan! Though every time I think of the word "nan" I also think "not a number" hahahah =) GY's geekiness infiltrates my brain =)
Sitting at dinner, AL starts chatting with the girl next to her, B, and they soon find out that they were BOTH english teachers in Japan, and actually lived quite close to each other! And they were both ex-CS majors as well, and both have now settled in London to teach. The kicker was when AL and B realized they used to live on the same street in London, how crazy is that!
B and AL:
It gets worse. I was sitting next to two girls who know SW from volleyball. They both study at King's College, so I mentioned that my cousin is a first year student there in Law. N asks if my cousin lives in the International Hall, I said yes, and that my cousin's name is SL -- they are neighbors in the same wing of the hall!!
N:
Of course with so many people all connected through SW, we couldn't help but have the conversations of "so how do you know SW". SW and I still haven't figured out when we first met, other than prolly through a tons of different events and people, including Teen's Conference, the Chinese Christian Softball Association league, and tons of mutual friends from the Toronto Chinese Christian church circles and Chinese Christian Fellowship circles. SW's entire family is in town (parents declined coming to dinner), so it was the weirdest thing when SW's little brother MW noted that I was prolly SW's oldest friend out of everyone there. Which is the strangest thing, but it was true! Everyone else was friends from Germany (when SW worked there), or from school in UK, or somehow related like that! I've prolly known the guy since high school!
SW & MW:
Other pics from dinner:
1 comment:
hey, nice shots! being in asia now... that bird picture makes me think of 3 words: [kum lau gum], aka avian flu...
Post a Comment